This is truly the era of the loyalty program. Consumers belong to and are engaged with more programs than ever before. Most importantly, they’re constantly on the lookout for places to earn more points and miles in the programs they already collect. Find out:
- How loyalty is shaping consumer behavior
- Why loyalty is a must in today’s market
- How you can tap into the power of loyalty
A culture of collectors
Today’s consumer is a devoted points and miles collector.
The total number of loyalty program memberships in the U.S. alone in 2012 was estimated at more than 2½ billion — up 26% in just two years!* A typical U.S. household belongs to nearly 22 programs.
Even though the average American is only active in roughly 7 to 9 of those programs, that’s still plenty of programs they are interested in.
Loyalty programs drive behavior
Research is showing that these active memberships are actually driving the behavior of many shoppers, determining when and where they purchase, as well as the brands that they buy, in order to maximize their loyalty benefits.
One Australian study discovered that consumers found point-based incentives nearly as attractive as immediate price discounts (at 77% and 80%, respectively).
Here’s what else we know:
- Loyalty programs increase sales. On average, loyalty program members spend 13% more than non-members on each purchase, according to Forrester North American Technographics® Retail Online Survey, Q3 2009 (US).
- Loyalty programs drive repeat business. Incentive programs can increase annual repeat visits by 15-20%, based on research by Cartera eCommerce.
- Loyalty programs give businesses an edge. People who collect miles are looking for places to collect more miles. In fact, 90% of frequent flyers have said they would switch merchants to receive more of the miles they value, according to Points and Vision Critical research.
But let’s face it: setting up your own program can be time-consuming, logistically and technically challenging — and ineffective. Almost three-quarters of American consumers polled by Points said they would prefer to shop at a store that offers points or miles in a program they already collect in, over a merchant that offers its own, store-specific loyalty program.
As a Points Business Solutions participant, you can tap into the power of loyalty on a large scale by being able to offer your customers awards in the national loyalty programs they already love!
Just imagine the drawing power that gives your business.
Reach the kind of shoppers you need
Through Points Business Solutions, you have the potential to reach the many millions of shoppers who participate in our Partner loyalty programs, as well as over 3.9 million Points.com members across the U.S. and Canada.
Moreover, you are gaining access to a group of shoppers who are extremely motivated, affluent, and eager to do business with you. All things being equal, they will even choose your business over that of a competitor who doesn’t offer the rewards they want.
And the Points Business Solutions program makes it easy for you to participate.
*Survey results are taken from Bulking Up: The 2013 COLLOQUY Loyalty Census or The 2013 Maritz Loyalty Report™ — US Edition, unless otherwise noted.